CORSAIR (C40) - GENEVER
ABOUT CORSAIR GENEVER
Considered to be the precursor to gin, Genever is a malt-based spirit infused with some of the same botanicals as gin; ours uses 100% malted barley for the base spirit with juniper, ginger, sweet orange peel, orris root, licorice and cardamom.
2017 American Craft Spirits Association: Bronze
2016 American Craft Spirits Association: Silver
2015 Tastings (BTI): Gold
2014 San Francisco Spirits Competition: Best in Category, Double Gold
2014 American Craft Distillers Association: Gold
The nose is warm and malty, largely owing to the base of malted barley. There’s a hint of sweetness and spice, citrus and ginger. Gentle, an inviting. Way more intense than might be expected from 88 proof alone. Warm bread, almost yeasty, but the flavor slowly evolved turning into cranberry and raisin. Notes of citrus, strongly orange, but invoking notes of lemon rind. The spices are cardamom, and cinnamon. Distinct notes of juniper present especially on the back end as it finishes in the palate.
750ml / Proof: 88 / 6btl/cs
*PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING*
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- WE CAN NOT Ship to a FedEx or Walgreens as they will not accept packages from other local carriers.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.